The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce an event, to ensure the safety of all participants and to meet the requirements of local government permits. GSi Events retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their application, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the entry requirements. In any and all circumstances GSi Events retains the right to refuse entry to any person.
- Each entrant must have their own My Details account to enter an event.
- An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email address for each participant is preferred but not required.
- If using the same email address for two or more entries, each My Details account must have a different password.
- Each entrant is automatically signed up to the event newsletter with training plans and event information. Entrants can opt out at any time by clicking here.
- Entrants aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult in order to take part in this event.
- Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and these terms and conditions before participating in the event.
- All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against GSi Events and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation in Supernova to be used to publicise any GSi or Supernova. They also agree that they are happy for their details to be passed to their chosen charity and confirm that they can use their name, quotes, video footage & photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and cannot be exchanged with or sold to any other person.
- All entry fees are non-refundable, and can not be deferred towards a future event. Entries are non-transferable. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity or a pre-set date.
- A full list of results will be published online on the results page of the event website following the races. Full and final results will also be made available to relevant parties for the purposes of verification for other events or for the updating of ranking systems.
- Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
- Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
- Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting times.
- All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered on their race number or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the GSi Events in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- Participants will be assigned to “timing pens” in accordance with the runners predicted time. The front timing pen will be allocated on runner’s proof of qualifying time. Runners may update their predicted time via the ‘My Details’ page on the website before the predicted time deadline.
- Participants shall assemble for the race in their assigned timing pen no less than 15 minutes prior to the race start. Any athlete attempting to enter the wrong timing pen shall be required to start after all other participants have crossed the start line.
- All Participants shall enter the timing pen from the rear unless otherwise directed by an event official.
- Any person who climbs the fence/barrier or otherwise enters improperly shall be disqualified from the event.
- Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting times.
- All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.
- Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified by the event and future participation at the discretion of race officials.
- Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race (“cutting the course”) shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any GSi event at the discretion of race officials.
- Any person who participates in the event without a current official event bib number not officially assigned to him/her is subject to removal and disqualification from future Supernova and GSi events.
- No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. A person will be allowed to accompany a participant if the participant is not physically/mentally able complete the course alone.
- Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
- Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel can remove the participant from the event.
- Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
- Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
- Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, alter the route or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
- Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
- Failure to follow these event rules, as can be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.
All merchandise items will be delivered by Royal Mail 2nd class post within 21 days of the order being placed.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your merchandise you may return it within 15 days for exchange or refund providing the goods are unused and have all original tags. We are unable to accept back any goods that have been worn or laundered, unless they are faulty. Postage charged at the time of sale is non-refundable. Any return postage is covered by the customer. Please send returned goods to: GSi Events Ltd, EICA, South Platt Hill, Ratho, Edinburgh EH28 8AA. Please include a short note stating why you are returning the item. If you would like a different size please include your return address.
Any individual requesting a waiver of any of these rules from the event shall submit a written request no less than 30 days prior to the event date specifying the nature of and reasons for the request.